Thursday 21 August 2014

Back to work

So I'm back in work today - wish I wasn't, I really don't feel up to it, especially after waking up to have a few coughing fits in the night! But I'm in because I'm on annual leave from this afternoon and if I stayed off sick today then all the days of my annual leave, until I'm back in next Wednesday, would count as sick leave and I just can't have any more sick days on my record! :-(

However I'm wearing my special Superman pin badge and hoping that will get me through the day - and at least it's only half a day so I'll be counting down the hours!

I'm meeting my mum and dad for lunch when I finish which will be a nice relaxing end to the day - and they're even insisting on me driving the car down into the city centre rather than risk potentially walking back up to my workplace (which is 10 minute walk from the city centre) in the rain...if it's raining. they don't want me to get wet and risk extending my illness and they don't want me to get too tired on the walk. My parents are lovely and very caring, if a little over zealous on the protectiveness front at times but it's nice to receive support like this, especially when most people would laugh if I said I was driving into town!

Wish me luck and here's to resting up over the lovely long weekend (which is supposed to be freezing! Brrr...stupid English weather!)

No comments:

Post a Comment